Road trip: Day 26

Had to leave Cabo today, but it's not good-bye, but rather see you later.


Our first stop was Wal-Mart.  We don't have cell coverage except in the Los Cabos and La Paz areas so we decided we should get a Mexican cell phone just in case of emergency.

Next stop was to see our friends, Joel and Louise, who are currently living in San Jose del Cabo.  What can we say about Joel and Louise except that we hope to be like them when we grow up.  They have traveled just about everywhere and always have fun stories to share.  You can check out some of their past travels at goodmansjourney.com.



We hadn't seen Joel and Louise since they came through Tennessee back in 2009 so we had a lot of catching up to do.  I don't know how it came up but Brett mentioned The Way of St. James Pilgrimage (you may recall the movie, The Way, a few years ago with Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez) and they told us they are planning on doing that in the Spring of 2015.  Why does that not surprise us? Now how can we figure how to take a few months off next year and join them??

After a wonderful, but too short of a visit, we had to get on the road.  Our plan was to camp in Los Barrilles.  When we got there it was really windy so we kept  on driving.  We wanted to check out the Music Museum in El Triunfo, but forgot it was Sunday so it was closed.  With it's population of 347, there's no camping or lodging, so we decided to head to La Paz.

We stopped at Tropic of Cancer.  Brett's pointing to where we started from and where we are now.


We ended up in El Cien, just north of La Paz. It's a little cool and very windy, so we had dinner and got a room.

Our room is nice, albeit very close to the road.  The owner told us it would be noisy and we expected the road noise but we didn't expect to hear the guy next door opening his soda can.  These are some mighty thin walls!  Now, we're listening to him laugh as he watches TV!!

Just now as I was writing this, I heard a funny noise on the wall next to me.  I found a lizard eating a cricket!  I dropped my phone (I'm doing the entire blog on my phone, since I don't have a computer with me), and jumped up asking Brett where my phone was so I could take a picture.  He thinks I'm losing it.  And I might be.  Must be time to go to bed.

Our digs for the night.









No comments:

Post a Comment