Road trip: Day 37

This morning we began the final phase of our road trip.  We're heading north!  My parents think we're crazy because of the cold weather that we're going to hit.  As my dad puts it, we got out of Mexico with our heads attached, so what happened after that?  LOL

Today we drove to Arcata, CA.  We headed up Hwy 5 to Redding and then cut over on Hwy 299 to the coast.

Our good friends, Kim and Andy, who we saw yesterday, have two boys that we didn't get to see as they were in Oregon visiting their grandpa.  Since they were driving home today, we met them in Redding for lunch.  They have grown into fine young men and we had such a good time visiting with them.  Ryan is 20 and attending Solano Community College and Alex is 17 and in his junior year of high school.  They both work at the Davis Paintball Center and have for several years.  I'm thinking Alex needs to meet our niece:-)  I'm fairly certain I'm safe saying that as I don't think either will be reading our blog.  I'm sure I'll hear about it if I'm wrong about that!



The Sutter Buttes, also known as the world's smallest mountain range.  We used to see these as we drove to and from town when we lived in Loma Rica, CA.


Whiskeytown Lake  -  The last time we saw this lake was on our honeymoon, 14 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment