Road trip: Day 35

New Year's Eve!

The end of the year was spent preparing to close out this portion of our trip and prepare for the next phase.  Brett and my dad went and got the car prepared with an oil change, tire rotation and new windshield wipers.  Mom and I went to the thrift store to get some additional cold weather items, (Hint:  Phase 3 of our trip will be much colder than Baja!).  My birthday was yesterday, so we also did a little birthday shopping:-)  I found that I really like Charming Charlie's!

Since we have such limited time in CA, we planned a New Year's Eve party at my parent's and told everyone to come by to see us there.  I hadn't seen my brother in 3 years and several other family members in over 7 years. We had so much fun seeing everyone!  It was such a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!


Brett's brother, Bob, and one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet, his wife Celia.



My "little" brother Jason.


Longtime friends, Dana and Melissa.


Friends Wulf and Stephanie, who were our neighbors when we lived in Vacaville.


My cousin, Mark, his wife Julie and son Matt.


Lesson learned. Don't fall asleep before midnight on New Year's Eve.  Auntie might just get a group of people to storm your room with noise makers and silly string!


My CRAZY parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment