Road trip: Day 36

Happy New Year!!!

If today is any indication of the coming year, it's going to be a very lazy one.  Brett didn't even get up until about 2pm!

Courtney getting some love from her auntie in the morning:-)


Liz and I decided to do a foot bath. I had seen the Listerine and vinegar foot bath recipe on Pinterest some time ago and after this trip, let's just say my feet needed it.  We'll spare you pictures of our feet, but this was us enjoying some sunshine and getting our tootsies pretty.


Mom and I took Courtney and Liz to meet my sister and her kids for lunch at Red Robin.  Had a nice lunch and then came back and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.

Our friends, Kim and Andy, came by tonight and joined us for dinner.  It's always fun catching up with them but hard to believe their kids are now as old as they are.  How it is possible they have a 20 year old when we're barely past 20 ourselves??

Now we're watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I can't believe my parents have never seen it.  The beginning scenes of them getting the Christmas tree are bringing up memories of my mom's obsessiveness over the perfect tree.  She would say you only get one Christmas tree a year so you need to make it perfect.  We remember spending hours and going to multiple Christmas tree farms before she would commit to a tree!  There's so much about this movie that hits a little too close to home, but to keep peace in the family, we'll leave it at that:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment