Hot air balloon ride



Well, I have nothing good to say about the company that we went with, but the trip itself was enjoyable. My first trip in July was cancelled due to a mechanical issue with the bus, the second trip in August was cancelled due to bad weather and when we got there today, we were told they didn't have us on the list and we couldn't fly as there was no room. Leaving home at 5:30 in the morning to be told no, again, did not make me happy. Luckily as we got in the car to leave and I told Sunniva we would not reschedule as I was going to fight to get my money back, they ran out to the car and a very gracious couple who lived nearby the flight company had offered to give up their spot today so that we could go. What sweet people!

So, after 3 months of trying, I finally got my balloon flight! It was a little windy, so we stayed fairly low most of the time. Our highest altitude was about 2000 feet (the balloon can go about 10,000 feet). It was beautiful and relaxing. Or at least, I found it relaxing. Sunniva had topsy turvy tummy the entire time. It didn't help that the pilot kept talking about the wind and what to do if we had to have a fast landing. All in all, I would recommend it, just not with the company we went with.



No comments:

Post a Comment