Chicken in a pot

Wow! I think this qualifies us as "country folk"! Yes, we've raised our own beef before but let's face it, you have a butcher come out and do all the work so it's just plain feeding a steer. Well, we got chickens a few months back and apparently one too many roosters. This guy was quite the problem child and we believe he was the direct cause behind two canibal deaths of his fellow coopmates. So, Brett decided to solve the problem and it looks like chicken is on the menu! I have to admit, I did absolutely nothing, unless you count filling the pot with water as participating. As much as I enjoy cooking, I still have Brett prepare the turkey at Thanksgiving and always buy boneless skinless chicken breasts, so this was a big much for me. Sorry, Brett, but if you want me to get into this country thing, it's gonna be baby steps. I love living without neighbors so I think that should qualify!

1 comment: