Mississippi - PCA Finals Rodeo



The first item off my list! We attended the PCA Finals in Philadelphia, Mississippi this weekend. There was still a lot of ice on the roads when we left Friday morning, so we took the long route to stay on major roads. We drove straight through except for a quick bite to eat at Taco Bell at one of the truck stops. While we waited for our order, I played a game of Ms Pacman. LOL! I'm pretty sure the last time I did that I was sporting feathered hair and rollerskating:-)

The rodeo was a lot of fun and we enjoyed spending time with good friends. I always get nervous watching the bull riders, but it seems the worst injuries we see are the bareback or saddle bronc riders. Our prayers go out to the young man who was injured this weekend. It's never fun to see someone in pain. Cowboys are the toughest of the tough!

On the way home today, we took the scenic Natchez Trace. It's much prettier in the fall when the trees are colorful, but it's still a great ride if you've never taken it before. Word to the wise though, there is little to no reception most of the way. Even though we drive a lot, I'm like a kid and get bored quickly so I'm usually on the computer. Having no reception made me a bit antsy!

When we did have reception, I bought our tickets to the Kentucky Derby! Then I started looking for rooms and realized I probably should have looked for rooms before looking for tickets. Most places are already sold out and others are pricey...LaQuinta is $450/night and camping at the Expo was more than $115/night with a 3 night minimum...Yikes!!! Luckily, we found a KOA less than 10 miles away for only $50 night. My list is expensive to accomplish in a single year so I need to find as many deals as possible.

1 down...39 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment