On target!

It was a beautiful day today (low 60's!), so it was a perfect day for me to try my hand at shooting a rifle. Brett said a 22 would be a good starter, so he loaded me up and we headed out back. We have a target area set up, but it's kind of close to the donkeys and since this is still a new environment for them, I didn't think freaking them out with loud noises so close would be a good idea. We have a large burm that makes it perfect for shooting, so a simple target stapled to a tree and I was set to go.



Not exactly a bullseye, but I'm not complaining for my first try. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought there would be recoil, so I was pleasantly surprised. In a lot of ways I liked it better than a handgun. Too bad a rifle doesn't fit well in your purse!

Been there, done that - another one off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment