Coupons!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. We have now paid off the Hummer so we're spending money again - sort of. A co-worker of mine was recently telling me about how his wife is one of those extreme coupon ladies and it intrigued me. I've always wondered how they actually get good deals. Everytime I've thought of using coupons before, I would clip one or two and stick them in my purse until they expired. I might have tried to use them but saw that the store brand was still way less expensive, so went with the store brand. But after hearing how much his family was saving, I figured it was time to learn how to do it right. It's been 3 weeks now that I've been couponing and this week I had my first REALLY good deal. Don't get me wrong, I have saved quite a bit over the past two weeks, but nothing like today.

Regular price of items purchased: $127.12
My price after coupons and rebates: $2.49 (and that's after tax!!)

I truly think this is the beginning of an obsession. It's like a game to find the deals and everyone who knows me knows that I love a good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment